Reveived a degree in Medicine and Surgery at the Central University of Barcelona in 1984.
Advanced courses specializing in Urology Services and Lecturing with Professor José Ma Gil-Vernet at the Hospital Clínico y Provincial de Barcelona, received a certificate as Urology Specialist in 1984.
Doctor in Medicine and Surgery at the Autonomous University of Barcelona with outstanding “cum laudae” in 1991.
Fellow of the European Board of Urology in the European Summit of 1992.
Staff member of Urology of the Hospital del Mar de Barcelona since 1984 until his retirement in February 2015, carrying out the following tasks
- Head of Services
- In charge of the andrology unit
- In charge of the surgery unit for kideny transplants of the IMAS
Author of more than 130 articles in national and international medical magazines, as well as 6 books, 25 book chapters and various congress papers.
Numerary member of the Asociación Española de Urología; Asociación Española de Andrología; Societat Catalana d’Urologia, Asociació Catalana d’Urologs de Comarques; and honorary member of the Asociación Dominicana de Urología..
He received the following awards:
- Awarded Professors of Salvador y José Ma Gil-Vernet in the Real Academia de Medicina of Barcelona, 1992.
- Awarded with the first prize for the best clinical note by the Actas Españolas de Urología magazine in 1997.
- Awarded by the Fundación para la Investigación en Urología for the best publication in Urology, 1997.
- Awarded by the magazine Actas Españolas de Urología for the best original work in 2000.